International Rainy-Lake of the Woods Watershed Board Hosting an In-Person Public Information Session on March 7 to Preview the 2022 Post Flood Report
The International Rainy-Lake of the Woods Watershed Board (IRLWWB) Water Levels Committee (Committee) will host an in-person information session on Tuesday, March 7 at 6:00 p.m. CST at the Minnesota North College - Rainy River.
This information session will provide an overview of the Water Levels Committee’s 2022 Post Flood Report before it is posted online on March 10. The public will have the opportunity to ask questions and provide comments.
Date: Tuesday, March 7, 2023
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (CST)
Location: Humanities Building Theatre H126
1501 Highway 71
International Falls (MN)
For those interested, at 5:30 p.m., the National Weather Service will provide an overview on the Community Collaborative Rain, Hail, & Snow Network (CoCoRaHS).
Participation for this event is free.
The public is invited to submit their questions in advance via email to email@example.com
- The Water Levels Committee (Committee) ensures that the operation of the dams follow the Orders of the International Joint Commission. The Committee actively monitors hydrologic conditions and may provide dam operators with directions for the operation of their discharge facilities to ensure that the rule curves are followed.
- The current Order consists of a rule curve band for Rainy Lake and one for the Namakan chain of lakes, with minimum releases in times of low inflows and all gates open levels in times of high inflows.
- International Rainy-Lake of the Woods Watershed Board
- Rule Curves and Temporary Orders
- Key Roles and Responsibilities for Binational Water Management of Water Levels in the Rainy-Lake of the Woods Watershed
Megan Garner (Canadian Water Levels Committee Co-chair)
COL Eric Swenson (U.S. Water Levels Committee Co-chair)
International Rainy-Lake of the Woods Watershed Board