Protection of the Waters of the Great Lakes
The comment period closed on Tuesday, June 30, 2015. Thank you for your comments. Comments have been compiled and are available on this page.
Please find the report, Ten-year Review of the International Joint Commission’s Report on Protection of the Waters of the Great Lakes here.
This draft report by consultants Ralph Pentland and Alex Mayer analyzes the progress the Great Lakes states and provinces have made over the last 10 years in defending the lakes from diversions, bulk exports and large-scale withdrawals.
The IJC wants to hear from you on the following issues before preparing its own findings and recommendations for Governments:
- Is the characterization of the basin's recommendations sound?
- Is the assessment of provincial and state actions accurate?
- Are the recommendations sound?
- Have any significant matters been overlooked?
You can comment on the draft report until June 30, 2015, using one of the following methods:
- Online – Submit a comment below
- A public webinar on June 4, 2015 (video).