Proposal for Lake Ontario and St. Lawrence River Regulation

Comments Received Online

The public comment period is closed as of August 31, 2013.

*Terms and Conditions

Submit a Comment

Calie Jo Maxam 30th August 2013 04:20:29
NY, Honeoye Falls,
I am opposed to Plan 2014
L. Orr 30th August 2013 04:10:48
NY, Rochester,
Although I am pro-environment, the 2014 plan sees somewhat extreme. The high-water trigger levels are set so high that the proposed plan seems unfair to property owners who may suffer erosion, especially on the southern shore.
Save Our Sodus, Inc 30th August 2013 04:10:27
NY, Sodus Bay Area,
Attached the online petition with the signers of 2,200 opponents to Plan Bv7, and the modified Plan BV7 named Plan 2014.
Barbara Vars 30th August 2013 04:08:21
New York, Wellesley Island,
I support plan 2014 and feel it should be implemented without further delay. The time to move forward is NOW.
Jane Carver 30th August 2013 04:06:36
NY, Clayton ,
The fragile ecosystems of the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River require that we be responsible stewards of their natural resources and beauty. We have the opportunity to rectify some of the damage done by the mistakes and abuses of the past decades. I support Plan 2014 as the best option available at this time, and am in favor of immediate implementation.
Catherine Ginies 30th August 2013 04:01:33
Ontario, Warsaw,
I grew up in Cornwall, Ontario which is located on the St. Lawrence River. My father and I fished for perch on the river and as a child I could look down 20 feet through clear water to see the schools of fish swim over the sandy bottom. As I grew older, I saw the river devolve to weeds and dirty water to what the river is today....a disgusting toxic waste. And, I would not eat another perch from it. A major food supply has been destroyed. How will we feed ourselves? Monsanto? Clean up the St. Lawrence River for our future.
Jeanne Snow 30th August 2013 03:55:17
New York, Alexandria Bay,
I totally support Plan 2014 which should help many problem areas on the St. Lawrence River in the 1000 Islands area. Goose Bay is suffering from current regulations.
Laura Stevens 30th August 2013 03:54:07
New York, Buffalo,
I am apposed to plan 2014
Kristen Taylor 30th August 2013 03:53:53
New York, Clayton,
I Support Plan 2014 and believe it should be implemented now.
Dale Corsa 30th August 2013 03:46:50
NY, Redwood,
I Support Plan 2014 and believe it should be implemented now.
Katy Keohane Glassberg 30th August 2013 03:42:00
NY, Wellesley Island ,
I support Plan2014!
Lindsey R 30th August 2013 03:33:05
Ontario, Toronto,
International Joint Commission: I write today to express my strong support for Plan 2014 and call for the full and speedy adoption of this new management approach for Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River. Plan 2014 will help ensure a healthy future for this iconic water system by returning to more natural levels and restoring the ecosystem for local communities and wildlife. The plan achieves the IJC’s ultimate goal of “moving toward more natural flows to benefit the environment, while respecting other interests.” Healthy freshwater ecosystems are foundations for healthy communities, healthy wildlife, and sustainable economies. Improving the management of Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River will enhance the quality of life for all citizens who live, work and recreate in the coastal zones of the lake and river. This new plan will also contribute to the economic, environmental, and social sustainability of the Lake Ontario and St. Lawrence system. Again, I strongly support this new approach to water level regulation in Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River. Thank you for considering my comments. Sincerely, Lindsey R
Annie Cardinaux 30th August 2013 03:23:17
NY, Thousand Island Park,
I support plan 2014. Business, tourism, biodiversity, ecological sustainability, and human interests depend on one another. Thank you for considering this plan.
Samantha Dupre 30th August 2013 02:59:14
Ontario, Newmarket,
Comments are attached.
Leigh Smith Charron 30th August 2013 02:58:51
NY, Dewitt,
As a member of Save the River, I support the proposal to return to "more natural seasonal water levels and flow" in the St. Lawrence river valley. I have summered on the St. Lawrence for my entire 64 years and have watched with concern the degradation of the river environment. The abundant wildlife that was observed in my youth is no longer apparent. Species of birds and fish that were found in great number are diminished or no longer seen. Any plan that will improve the wildlife habitat will be beneficial for all concerned.
Elizabeth Hendriks (on behalf of WWF-Canada) 30th August 2013 02:58:27
Ontario, Toronto,
Please consider the attached document WWF-Canada's statement on Plan 2014 (based on testimony given July, 15th, 2013).
Jay M. Siegel 30th August 2013 02:56:51
Virginia, Nellysford,
I support Plan 3014
Vickie Morgado 30th August 2013 02:36:48
ON, Mississauga,
I write today to express my strong support for Plan 2014 and call for the full and speedy adoption of this new management approach for Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River. Plan 2014 will help ensure a healthy future for this iconic water system by returning to more natural levels and restoring the ecosystem for local communities and wildlife. The plan achieves the IJC’s ultimate goal of “moving toward more natural flows to benefit the environment, while respecting other interests.” Healthy freshwater ecosystems are foundations for healthy communities, healthy wildlife, and sustainable economies. Improving the management of Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River will enhance the quality of life for all citizens who live, work and recreate in the coastal zones of the lake and river. This new plan will also contribute to the economic, environmental, and social sustainability of the Lake Ontario and St. Lawrence system. Again, I strongly support this new approach to water level regulation in Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River. Thank you for considering my comments. Sincerely, Vickie Morgado
Alan R Buyck 30th August 2013 02:33:44
NY, Sodus Point,
I'm opposed to plan 2014. Who is going to pay for the damages to my dock and house?
Jane Heffron 30th August 2013 02:28:00
United Kingdom, London,
I support plan 2014 and suggest you implement this now.
Heather Scott 30th August 2013 02:14:58
Ontario, Kingsville,
Could we please make an effort to do the right thing for our ecosystem of the Great Lakes and the St. Lawrence River by putting Plan 2014 into action, showing that humans CAN be GOOD stewards of the land and water. Thank You, Heather
Jane Arras 30th August 2013 02:01:51
NY, Wellesley Island,
I support plan 2014 and believe it should be implemented immediately.
Thomas S. Richards 30th August 2013 01:56:32