"...the Commission takes account of the need to foster public awareness of the issue in question and ensure that the public is able to contribute to the consideration and implementation of its assessments..."
- Guiding Principles of the International Joint Commission -
Refining the proposal for managing water levels and flows is complex process-that is not finished yet. Commissioners will consider the views of all interested parties before arrive at a decision on the proposal.
Commissioners are especially interested in your comments on the following issues:
- Are the proposed conditions and criteria for the Order of Approval appropriate?
- Do Plan 2014 and the policy for deviating from regulation plan flows strike an appropriate balance among all affected interests upstream and downstream?
- Does the proposed adaptive management strategy focus on the right priorities?
- How should the public be involved in the ongoing work of the International Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Board and the adaptive management strategy?
The best way to submit comments is online. Your comments will be posted on the website within two working days of receipt. You may also submit comments by regular mail.
The proceeding of hearings will be recorded and made available on-line as either written transcripts, audio recordings or video recordings.
All comments and records of hearings will be included in the record of public comments.
Comments will be accepted until August 30, 2013.